Compression stockings are an important step in the complex therapy of varicose veins. However it is naive to believe that the effect will appear as soon as the product is purchased. It is very important to understand how to wear compression stockings for varicose veins to get maximum results. The patient should be assisted in this matter by the attending physician or manager in a specialized salon.
Effect on varicose veins
Slimming wardrobe items can boast of a high degree of elasticity, this feature is used in the fight against varicose veins. However, the proper effect of ordinary socks or tights was not observed as they were not designed for therapeutic purposes.
Varicose veins - dilation and deformation of blood vessels, leading to blood stagnation and subsequent thrombosis and thrombosis. Socks against varicose veins have a strong effect on the lower extremities, providing pressure of varying intensity, causing the veins in the legs to narrow.
Size is determined by measuring the circumference of the foot at certain points and lengths (leg, ankle, shin, knee, and thigh) so that the disappearance compression graph is equal.
Artificial treatment of pathology allows you to establish complex blood circulation in the vessels, gradually restoring internal pressure. The main thing is that the unique structure of the shirt does not obstruct the flow of air and thus does not create a problem for the skin.
The product does not relieve the root causes of the disease, however it helps to keep the blood vessels in good shape and is used for the prevention of varicose veins. The benefits and harms of the product are explained in a meeting with a phlebologist.
Classification of socks and rules for their selection
According to the variety of species, compression socks are divided into:
- On silicone rubber;
- Medical belt with Velcro;
- With an open finger.
Also, compression socks vary in size, measurements are taken at a specialized center before purchasing the product:
- Thigh circumference at the level of 25-30 cm above the knee.
- The circumference of the calf of the widest part of the gastrocnemius muscle.
- The circumference of the ankle is just the thinnest spot above the bone.
|Size / Measurements||S||M (2)||L (3)||XL (4)|
About the use of yarns in the composition:
- From Elastane;
- From microfiber.
According to the degree of compression:
- First class 18–21 mm Hg. Art. You can wear socks as a preventive measure for patients at risk of developing varicose veins. For example: pregnant women, workers "on their feet", at the first slight symptoms of pathology.
- Class II 23-32 mm HgᲮ Lightning. The most popular variety used in humans to treat varicose veins and thrombophlebitis.
- Class Third 32-46 mm Hg. Art. Prescribed in cases of distant or complicated vascular disorders.
- Fourth class 49 mm Hg. Art. It is used very rarely, indicated for impaired lymphatic drainage.
The classification is presented for consideration as only a physician or a specially trained manager at an orthopedic center can choose the right compression stockings for varicose veins.
Rules for wearing socks
How to wear compression socks properly:
- Wearing the product is necessary only after waking up in the morning.
- To avoid flaws in the linen, you need to control the length and sharpness of the nails.
- It is not necessary to jump into socks often so that the knee area does not stretch.
- Socks should be worn with thin socks to protect the fabric from damage and heel scratches.
- Socks should be washed daily to maintain the desired compression and healing properties.
- How long to wear compression stockings is determined by your doctor. The fact is that the sock time depends on the degree of vascular damage.
Properly selected underwear can last up to six months if used properly.
Rules of dress
Wearing compression underwear is much more difficult than choosing it:
- It is necessary to put a hand in the sock and catch the heel.
- Without releasing, return the product to the heel and leave a small "pocket".
- Insert the leg and wrap the front with both hands over the entire leg.
- Slowly stretch the inverted part to the middle of the ankle.
- Slowly stretch the front, lifting up with your fingers.
- We attach a silicone strip to the thigh.
- Pull the toe to release the toe from the tension.
Many patients buy a special device for putting compression products - butler. A sock is attached to it, after which the leg is already pressed. In case of difficulties, compression knitted clothing gloves will help you, you can buy them in an orthopedic salon.
One of the main tasks of compression stockings is to determine the proper functioning of the venous system.
Socks care rules
Five Golden Rules:
- Wash products daily to restore compression quality.
- Car wash is prohibited - only hand wash!
- Used only with baby soap, the chemical components of the powder can damage the yarn structure.
- Drying and drying in the car is prohibited on the street. It is necessary to spread the product on a dry towel on the table.
- For those who wear socks for an hour, experts advise them to wash themselves. Grind with soap, rinse well with water and dry with a towel.
Socks manufacturers and patient reviews
What are the best compression stockings for varicose veins:
- German manufacturer. The high cost is justified by the excellent quality of the product. Many different styles, long lasting compression maintenance, wearing are the advantages of the products.
- Italian manufacturer. The main advantages are reasonable cost and excellent quality. You can choose the product "according to the wallet" without compromising its healing properties.
- Compression underwear from Italy. It has no equal in the price segment, socks can be selected according to personal preferences and medical indications. However, there is a significant drawback - the compression properties last no longer than one month.
- Swiss manufacturer. The brand is quite high prices, but also excellent quality. Wear resistance and compression properties can be maintained throughout the year.
- Spanish brand. According to customer reviews, the compression effect is more pronounced than in other brands.
The reviews about each brand are mostly positive. The only significant disadvantage is the cost of the socks. Patients report good air circulation in each product because they have to wear compression stockings for a long time.
Many buyers praise and thank the staff of orthopedic salons because choosing the right compression stockings is the most important step in the treatment of varicose veins.
Some buyers complain that silicone rubber starts to slip on their feet or spin in the summer. In this case, the problem is not in the product itself, but in the wrong size. It is very important to consider all measurements when buying in order to anticipate similar incidents.
Where to buy and what are the prices?
You can buy the product in specialty stores of famous brands, on the official websites of manufacturers or in orthopedic salons in the city. Buying goods "by hand" is not recommended.
The price of the product is quite high, this is explained by the composition of the woven garment and the way it is made. Before buying, check the manufacturer's certifications to make sure the product is of good quality.